10 Reasons Why Golf Carts are the Transportation of the Future
Today’s Golf Carts go far beyond what they were just 20 years ago. More often, Golf Carts and EV Carts are becoming daily drivers for running errands, commuting to school, work and beyond.
Buying a Golf Cart used to be a decision considered only by Golfers intending to use the Golf Cart for the Golf course and for playing the game. Today, ‘Buying a Golf Cart’ includes planning for using them for much more than carrying Golf clubs.
Golf Carts are much more diverse than they use to be and more often than not, Golf Carts are now battery powered, making the term, ‘EV Cart’ a more appropriate term.
Golf Carts have been around since they were first seen in the 1930’s when ‘Golf Wagons’ were pulled by caddies along the Golf Course and beyond when the first motorized vehicles were created to aid golfers with physical disabilities to get around the Golf Course.
In 1957, the first gasoline-powered Golf Cart was introduced by Max Walker and was called, ‘The Walker Executive.’ This first gasoline-powered Golf Cart carried 2 golfers; Golf bags had a ‘Vespa-inspired’ design with 3 wheels.
In this latest Golf Cart Blog article, ‘10 Reasons Why Golf Carts are the Transportation of the Future’, we’ll explore why Golf Carts, or ‘EV Carts’ are quickly becoming a great, affordable, efficient and FUN alternative to getting around town, running errands, commuting to and from work and more.
With a visit to any Golf Course you can quickly see that Golf Carts have come a long way since Mr. Walker’s innovation hit the fairways. In fact, you can often see Golf Carts traveling along the streets today taking its passengers not to the Golf Course but often venturing to the grocery store, work, school or just running errands.
In many cases, these modern day, ‘Golf Carts’ may never even see a Golf Course. As full-size electric vehicles have grown in popularity with cost conscious and climate conscious consumers, many consumers are buying Golf Carts as an alternative to their much more expensive, electric vehicles.
Not only are Golf Carts a highly efficient and less expensive transportation option compared to full-size cars and trucks, but Golf Carts and EV Carts are a much more ‘fun’ alternative mode of transportation.
If you’ve ever ridden in a modern Golf Cart or even seen a Golf Cart driving along the street and thought, ‘Wow, that is a great way to get around town and it looks, ‘fun’ – you are not alone.
Let’s start calling these battery-powered vehicles what they are, ‘EV Carts.’
Also, because today’s ‘Golf Carts’ are being used as transportation far beyond the Golf Course, let’s call these cool, fun, and efficient modes of transportation what they really are; ‘EV Carts.’
There are many reasons why you’ll enjoy an ‘EV Cart Life’, but the following are our, ‘Top 10 Reasons Why Golf Carts are the Transportation of the Future.’
- Energy Efficient: Golf carts are electric vehicles, which means they are powered by electricity rather than fossil fuels. This makes them more energy efficient and better for the environment.
- Affordability: Golf carts are generally less expensive to purchase and operate than traditional gas-guzzling, full-size cars, making them a more affordable transportation option.
- Easy Maintenance: In addition to affordability of the actual purchase price of an EV Cart, EV Carts are much easier and cheaper to maintain compared to gas vehicles.
- Convenience: EV Cart are small and easily maneuverable, which makes them ideal for use in areas with limited space or congested traffic.
- Customizable: EV Carts can be customized with a variety of features and accessories, such as upgraded headlight, driving lights and brightly colored LED lighting systems, custom upholstered seats, amazing sound systems, storage compartments, making EV Carts very versatile and adaptable to different needs and preferences.
- Climate Friendly: With the ever-increasing focus on sustainability and reducing carbon emissions, EV Carts are incredibly beneficial to the environment.
- Easy To Store: Most EV Carts store and park easily inside most 2-car garage.
- Mobility: Drivers or passengers who may have limited mobility or may have difficulty getting in and out of a full-size vehicle will enjoy the easy in/easy out benefits of an EV Cart. In addition, parking can often be much easier for an EV Cart.
- Off-road and Hunting: EV Carts are becoming much more popular among outdoorsmen and hunters. EV Carts are much quieter than their counterpart gas-powered ATVs, and are easy to haul, and much cheaper to maintain than ATV’s.
- Accessibility: EV Carts are smaller than almost any car with is a great advantage when it comes to parking and venturing around buildings, shopping malls and campuses. EV Carts can travel places that other vehicles can’t due to narrow passage and parking access.
- Cool Factor: This is a BONUS FEATURE! If you have been researching EV Carts online or if you have been noticing EV Carts on the street in your town, you have likely seen that they are easily customized with the following: custom paint, they can be lifted for a higher ride, more stylized wheels and tires, amazing lighting systems and colorful LED lighting systems, great sounding stereos, custom upholstery and much more!
Get inspired to explore adding an EV Cart to your transportation options!
We hope our Golf Cart Blog Article, ‘10 Reasons Why Golf Carts are the Transportation of the Future,’ has inspired you to consider adding an EV Cart to your transportation options.
We invite you to visit our Golf Cart Blog for more tips & recommendations for all there is to experience when owning a Golf Cart.
You may be interested in our Golf Cart Blog article; ’12 Things to Know When Buying a Golf Cart.’
When you are looking for the best price on a new EV Cart, look for our ‘Bright Price’ and be confident you are paying the lowest possible price for the same in-stock EV Carts – anywhere.
For more information on purchasing a new or used Golf Cart, or to learn about favorable financing options, feel free to call us at: 888.260.0707 – Any day. Any time.
About Bright Electric Vehicles:
Bright Electric Vehicles (‘BEV’) is a multi-brand, multi-state Golf Cart Dealership representing top Golf Cart Brands including, ICON Golf Carts and Evolution Golf Carts, with other brands being added along with our own branded Bright Electric Vehicles coming soon.
Our commitment to providing each Customer with the very best prices and outstanding personalized service that has earned Bright EV a Top 5-Star Rating from our loyal Customers.
With our strategic locations situated throughout the Southwest, Hawaii and new locations coming soon, Bright EV has the buying power and locations to serve our Customers and deliver Golf Carts throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and beyond, at the most competitive pricing possible.